1/21/09

Musta been the boogeyman

This morning at 5:00 a.m., Colton woke up screaming bloody murder. His screams were so piercing that it woke me from a dead sleep and scared the holy crap outta me. I literally ran out of my bedroom, down the hall, and across the house to his room. I found him at the standing at the edge of his crib with blanket in hand, jumping up and down, still screaming. He stopped as soon I picked him up. I have no idea what in the world that was all about it. My heart was racing and I really couldn't think straight, but I wasn't about to attempt putting him back to bed in his crib. So, off we went to my bedroom. I tucked him in with his blanket, he kissed me goodnight and promptly fell off to sleep. I wish I had been so lucky. I tossed and turned until 7:30 a.m. when Carly woke up. Oh well. Who needs sleep? My best friend, Kathy, used to tell me that she'd sleep when she's dead. Apparently, I will, too. When I went back to wake him up at 9:30 a.m. (1 1/2 hours past his normal wake time), this is how I found him. I guess the boogeyman doesn't visit my bedroom. Either that or my bed is just really comfy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment