2/9/09

Your crib or mine?

Naptime has become sort of a chore around my house. Ever since the girls came home from NICU, they were incorporated into our schedule. Naptime is at 12:30pm. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. Mommy needs her Y&R time....alone. The girls took right to it (hallelujah!) and Colton kept it up until last month. All hell broke loose last month. He started bucking naptime (and bedtime, but I digress, this post is about naptime). I tried everything....CIO, door closed, door open, different time, getting up early, going to bed late, before lunch, after lunch, rocking, laying on the floor with him, in my bed, etc. etc. Nothing was working.

At my wit's end, I finally laid on the floor one day and he fell asleep. Now, it took him 20 minutes but he fell asleep. I was ok with that. I happily gave up 20 minutes of Y&R to get him to nap. It's now starting to take a bit longer. First, 20 minutes. Then, 35 minutes. Today, I missed my whole show. :( Thank God it reruns at 7pm. Hopefully, this is just a phase that he outgrows because we are NOT giving up naps at the age of 2. I refuse. Colton and Carly shared a moment in his crib today. Don't they look so happy and well rested after naptime? Who would want to give that up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment