6/3/09

I love my dirty windows

It was a little over 2 years ago that I had the cleanest windows around. My house was always picked up. I had time, money, and energy to do anything I wanted. I had many hobbies and enjoyed nights out with my friends. I went on 4 vacations a year. I could pick up and go at the drop of a hat. And I splurged on myself more than I ever should have.

Fast forward to today. My house looks like a tornado of toys blew through it. My time, money, and energy are spent before I even wake up in the morning. I have one hobby and the last time I enjoyed a night out with my friends was over 3 months ago. I went on one vacation last year and will not be going anywhere this year. Getting out of the house alone is a treat. And I splurged on myself to buy a new camera, but before that.....I can't even remember.

And as you can see, I have dirty windows. And I love it. It means that I have little ones with sticky fingers that are growing like weeds. They make the days fly by even when they're the longest days ever. It's moments like these that make me realize that I don't miss all the things I had before. I love my dirty windows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment