9/28/10

Papa-papa-paparazzi { Dayton, Ohio Wedding Photographer }

Yes, the Lady Gaga song rings in my head every time I pull this lens out. For those of you who don’t know (and no worries….I didn’t either just a few short months ago), this is a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Camera. It’s a mouthful. And a handful. Trust me when I tell you, this is an absolutely massive lens. It weighs 5.4 lbs. and is almost the size of the wine bottle. Whoa! It probably doesn’t sound like much, but seriously…there are babies born that weigh less than this thing.

Once you add it to my 5D Mark II, grip, and 580exii speedlight (which in total is another 8lbs.), it’s like carrying a small toddler. On your face! Over 13 lbs. ON YOUR FACE. Think about that for a second. Imagine taking a 6 month old and holding it up to your face for an hour minimum. Up and down. Up and down. Now, bend and find the right angle. Or get down on the ground. Find the light. Oops, not that much light. There ya go.  *Shudder* Brutal. As God as my witness, I will be able to use this lens without cramping, shaking, or tiring out in 15 minutes. Granted, I may have to start a weight lifting routine in order to do it. :) Ha!

IMG_1769editweb

0 comments:

Post a Comment